It’s been a YEAR of blogging and time to REVIEW my direction!
In July 2014 I wrote…
“The main reasons I’m doing this are:
- To make me pull my finger out and teach myself more about planets and progressions.
- To write, because I love writing.
- To compile everything that I have learnt and observed that is currently in my head and put it in one place.
- To get some feedback from people who know more than me.”
- I’m studying at the London School of Astrology and have learnt SO much about planets and a tiny bit about progressions. It’s amazing “you don’t know, what you don’t know.” I thought I was crazy about astrology but knew nothing compared to what I know now… ahh live and learn!
- I do love writing but I’ve not written as much as I should have. Though I was still afraid, cautious, limited and reluctant in my sharing. It’s tricky putting yourself out there as a mad witch.
- I am DELIGHTED that I wrote what I thought and knew because I like to see how everything I had taught myself made sense but how it slots into the bigger picture.
- FEEDBACK – little. Very little for now.
Why I want to do this now….
- To make people more aware of astrology and how deeply it connects to us all.
- To blend my love of all things Neal’s Yard / natural with astrology. I went on a mega course in May about Medical Astrology which was ace and highlighted things I had noticed. Such as my Virgo pals all having eczema and allergies and Gemini’s being prone to depression, Sagittarius being clumsy etc… When you have enough friends that are born around the same time and a good 70% of them exhibit certain traits, then you see the pattern. Medical astrology confirmed what I knew and then suggests some ways to deal with these problems. Also this study by Columbia University that states the month of your birth DOES affect your health only underlined what I had already observed. The illnesses and ailments they cite correlate with what astrologers understand as relevant weaknesses.
- THAT IS NOT TO SAY that lotions and potions can replace modern medicine. NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY. However, there is a place for both; Doctors can only help so far with insomnia, depression, bad skin, IBS… etc… conditions that start with the brain and are exacerbated by the environment. Tablets and counselling are invaluable, however, tackling the cause, looking at the individual, understanding their needs, eliminating chemicals and all their side-effects is BENEFICIAL… and from what I have seen, astrology speeds up the process of understanding and improving someone’s weak spots and can help people find their purpose and direction, thus anchoring themselves.
- So… I am writing to continue to blend what I learn. I aim to be someone who can help people find peace of mind. I would like to think I’ll know more about nutrition and perhaps learn how to be a masseuse as I’ve a talent for massage and think it’s powerful in helping people to LET GO of all the stress they are keeping inside! I would be a yoga teacher if I wasn’t still inept!!
- I am to blend two worlds. Just as I studied Bio Chemistry, Philosophy and Theology at University. I want to combine conventional science and philosophical thinking (Just like my best pal Aristotle)… I always wanted to use my ability to be both scientific and artistic and this is how I will do it! When I first learnt about Aristotle’s Virtue Ethics I thought, this guy is great, he really knew what he was talking about. I read more and selected all my modules at uni to expose myself to more of his teachings and enable myself to write a dissertation based on his work. When I lived in Rome and was a tour guide at the Vatican, the Raphael rooms were my favorite because I could waffle on about Plato and Aristotle when I discussed The School of Athens.
The Ancient Greeks and Romans… and the Renaissance Italians (the legends who painted, studied and valued the genius of the Ancients… were frequently into astrology.) These were wise, intellectual and learned men and so all my previous education melts into this offshoot nicely. I need to learn more about what they thought, particularly as the meanings of the planets are described by Greek and Roman mythology. My next blog post on Jupiter (Zeus – the Greek version) will explain that more…
I must learn to keep my blog posts short and snappy!
My OTHER goals for this blog have changed and they will change again but for now:
- Turn this into a website with basic Frank versions of the signs.
- Learn about areas that will enable me to help people (CBT, massage, nutrition, meditation, yoga, Neal’s Yard products, aromatherapy.) Relaxation and natural ways to access problem areas that can be revealed in the chart, LET GO and be happy!
- Educate people about the astrology basics so they can understand simple readings more easily.
- Laugh at the madness of it all!
This is just the beginning and it’s very exciting!